Welcome to the Art of Project Management, episode 6. In this episode I discuss the two steps necessary to break into the world of project management.
In this episode you will learn:
- The two (big) steps for becoming a project manager
- The best resource for studying project management fundamentals
How to Become a Project Manager:
- Study up
- Memorize the Project Management Book of Knowledge
- Pass the Project Management Profession exam
- Volunteer at your employer to participate in PM meetings
- Volunteer to take on PM related tasks, regardless of how trivial
- If there are no opportunities for PM experience with your employer then find other ways with non-profit organizations or within your local town
Links mentioned in this episode:
PMI’s PMP Certification
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed then please leave an honest review for The Art of Project Management on iTunes! It helps me out tremendously and is greatly appreciated. While you are in iTunes make sure you subscribe to get automatic updates whenever a new show is released!